Walker Moves, Salzburg is PUMPED

The Official news source of The Baseball Classic. Post team articles, player interviews, season previews, and anything else you want here.

Walker Moves, Salzburg is PUMPED

Postby elpaso.marcus » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:50 pm

News broke late last night that Michael Walker has been acquired by the Salzburg Sonatas. The lefty will finish out his final year before free agency in the CEB.

In the press conference this morning Salzburg CEO and GM Osborn stated, "We're really happy to have Michael over here even if it's a brief stay, which is highly likely. Some of you may or may not be aware but I signed him many years ago out of a little tiny town in central England. He was a wide eyed fireballer, threw the ball hard and straight. I'm thrilled to get to be a part of his story one more time before he gets to see how much he's worth on the open market."

Osborn continued, " The thing about Michael is the presence he has when he walks into our clubhouse. We've already seen it. I MAY or MAY NOT have asked him to wear his Don Knight Cup Ring when he rolled in the first time.." Osborn says with a smile. "But he's a proven champion. A competitor and he will be our ACE as soon as he's healthy. Overall we are extremely excited to get to see him compete for us."

Walker added before closing the presser, "I never thought I'd pitch in the CEB, especially at this point in my career. I've been given leave to be home while I recover as well after each game I'll be able to fly home as well which will be nice. The even better part is my parents will be able to come to each game which was nearly impossible when I was in the States. I look forward to bringing the Sonatas a championship."
elpaso.marcus

Return to The Baseball Classic Tribune